"Elementary" gets prime post-Super Bowl time slot
Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock and Lucy Liu as Joan on CBS' "Elementary." / GIOVANNI RUFINO/CBS
CBS is giving its new show "Elementary" in the coveted post-Super Bowl time slot, the network announced on Monday.
The Sherlock Holmes drama set in modern New York City stars Jonny Lee Miller as Holmes and Lucy Liu as his sidekick, Dr. Joan Watson.
"Elementary," which airs Thursdays, will get a special airing at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Feb. 3, following CBS Sports' coverage of the Super Bowl in New Orleans, the network said.
The NFL championship game is historically among TV's most-watched programs, so airing after it can help a series get discovered by more viewers.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"