Sam Worthington arrested over scuffle at Atlanta bar, reports say
Sam Worthington / Tim Whitby/Getty Images
"Avatar" star Sam Worthington was reportedly arrested Saturday night at a brawl at an Atlanta eatery and had to be subdued with pepper spray.
The disorderly conduct charges were later dropped after a witness failed to appear in court, news outlets are reporting..
According to Celebuzz, which claimed to have a copy of the police report, the 36-year-old actor tangled with the doorman at Vortex bar and grill when he was denied entry for being intoxicated.
The doorman, Jerry Link, told police the actor, whom he identified as "Mr. Samuel" in the report, became verbally abusive and "pushed him twice with his hands. At that time Mr. Link pepper-sprayed Mr. Samuel and handcuffed him until the police arrived," says the officer's report.
The Australian-born Worthington was in Atlanta filming the movie "Ten" with Arnold Schwarzenegger
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot