Katy Perry wears dress with Obama slogan at rally
Pop singer Katy Perry, sporting a skin-tight minidress with President Barack Obama's campaign slogan "Forward" emblazoned across it, sings at a rally for Obama, Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012, in Milwaukee. / AP Photo/Scott Bauer
MILWAUKEE Pop star Katy Perry is sporting a skin-tight minidress with President Barack Obama's campaign slogan "Forward" emblazoned across it at the president's rally in Milwaukee.
Perry came on stage at Saturday's event initially wearing a red, white and blue dress and holding a microphone shaped like the Statue of Liberty's torch.
But after her first song, a cover of Al Green's soul hit "Let's Stay Together," she tossed aside the dress to reveal the bright blue minidress.
Obama's slogan "Forward" is also Wisconsin's state motto.
Perry paused midway through her set to make a pitch for donations to victims of Superstorm Sandy.
Obama's rally with Perry comes before he's set to be in Madison on Monday with rocker Bruce Springsteen.
Popular in Entertainment
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library