"The Hobbit" takes flight in Air New Zealand safety video
Passengers flying Air New Zealand may now feel like they're on a direct flight to Middle Earth.
Billing itself as "the airline of Middle Earth," the carrier has released an in-flight safety video inspired by the upcoming premiere of the first film in Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" trilogy.
The four-minute clip, titled "An Unexpected Briefing," features Gollum, a cameo from Jackson and cabin staff dressed as film characters. It got more than 2 million hits on YouTube within a day of being posted Wednesday.
Two of the author J.R.R. Tolkien's great-grandsons even make cameos in the video. Royd Tolkien appears wearing prosthetic feet.
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" arrives in theaters on Dec. 14.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"