"The Hobbit" takes flight in Air New Zealand safety video
Passengers flying Air New Zealand may now feel like they're on a direct flight to Middle Earth.
Billing itself as "the airline of Middle Earth," the carrier has released an in-flight safety video inspired by the upcoming premiere of the first film in Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" trilogy.
The four-minute clip, titled "An Unexpected Briefing," features Gollum, a cameo from Jackson and cabin staff dressed as film characters. It got more than 2 million hits on YouTube within a day of being posted Wednesday.
Two of the author J.R.R. Tolkien's great-grandsons even make cameos in the video. Royd Tolkien appears wearing prosthetic feet.
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" arrives in theaters on Dec. 14.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims