Tom Cruise prowler turns out to be an intoxicated neighbor
Tom Cruise attends The Friars Foundation event at The Waldorf-Astoria in New York on June 12, 2012 . / AP
Authorities say a security guard at Tom Cruise's Beverly Hills, Calif., mansion used a stun gun on a trespasser who turned out to be an intoxicated neighbor who may have mistakenly entered the property.
Police say 41-year-old Jason Sullivan was shot with a Taser at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday at the home on Calle Vista Drive. He was then treated at a hospital and arrested on suspicion of trespassing.
Police say neither Cruise nor his family were at the home when a guard saw a man climbing a fence to get onto the grounds. A guard shocked the man and held him for police.
It wasn't immediately known whether Sullivan has an attorney.
According to CBS' KCAL-TV in Los Angeles, Cruise bought the $30 million 7-bedroom, 9-bath home in 2012. The house, which sits on 1.18 acres of property, was built in 1937.
Cruise, 50, recently filed a $50 million lawsuit against Life and Style magazine over articles claiming the actor has abandoned his 6-year-old daughter Suri.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video