Natina Reed, singer and "Bring It On" star, dies at 32
Actress Natina Reed arrives at the premiere of the movie "Bring It On" Aug. 22, 2000, in Los Angeles. / Getty
Authorities say R&B singer Natina Reed, known as a member of the female group Blaque, was killed after being struck by a car in metro Atlanta.
The Gwinnett County Police Department said in a news release Sunday that the 32-year-old Reed was hit late Friday while in the roadway at an intersection on U.S. 29 near Lilburn.
Police say the driver called 911 for help, and someone tried to revive Reed on the scene. She was later pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center.
It's unclear why Reed was in the road. Police say the driver wasn't at fault and won't be charged.
Blaque's hits included "808" and "Bring It All to Me" in the late '90s. Reed was also in the movie "Bring It On," released in 2000. She was reportedly working on a solo album.
Fellow Blaque members Brandi Williams and Shamari Fears-DeVoe issued a joint statement: "We are devastated by the loss of our group member, sister and friend," reads the statement. "She will forever be missed and her global influence eternally felt."
Gabrielle Union, who also starred in "Bring It On," tweeted: "#RIP #SAD #BringItOn."
Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 40 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral