Management: Lil Wayne hospitalized and released
HOLLYWOOD, CA - MARCH 01: Rapper Lil Wayne performs onstage at Escape to Total Rewards at at Hollywood & Highland Center on March 1, 2012 in Hollywood, California. / Mark Davis/Getty Images for Caesars Entertainment
NEW YORK Lil Wayne's management team says the rapper is on "mandated rest" after a severe migraine and dehydration caused him to be hospitalized.
In a statement released Friday, the Blueprint Group says Lil Wayne was released from the hospital treatment and will return to work soon. They added that the New Orleans-based rapper appreciates his fans' support and love.
No further details were released.
The 30-year-old multiplatinum performer is working on a follow up to his last album, 2011's "Tha Carter IV."
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 350 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- "Monsters University" premieres in Hollywood 20 Photos