Management: Lil Wayne hospitalized and released
HOLLYWOOD, CA - MARCH 01: Rapper Lil Wayne performs onstage at Escape to Total Rewards at at Hollywood & Highland Center on March 1, 2012 in Hollywood, California. / Mark Davis/Getty Images for Caesars Entertainment
NEW YORK Lil Wayne's management team says the rapper is on "mandated rest" after a severe migraine and dehydration caused him to be hospitalized.
In a statement released Friday, the Blueprint Group says Lil Wayne was released from the hospital treatment and will return to work soon. They added that the New Orleans-based rapper appreciates his fans' support and love.
No further details were released.
The 30-year-old multiplatinum performer is working on a follow up to his last album, 2011's "Tha Carter IV."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?