Barbara to Donald: Stop making a fool of yourself
Barbara Walters has joined the chorus of criticism of Donald Trump after the billionaire's "big announcement" he promised could change the presidential election fizzled out on Wednesday.
Speaking on her show The View, Walters bluntly made her point despite saying that Trump remains her friend and is "a brilliant businessman and fascinating personality."
"Donald, you're making a fool of yourself," she said, getting heavy applause from The View audience. She added: "You're not hurting Obama, you're hurting Donald, and that hurts me because you're a decent man. Stop it, get off it Donald."
On Wednesday, the 66-year-old real estate magnate -- who has long attempted to prove that Obama was born in Kenya and not Hawaii -- offered President Barack Obama $5 million for the charity of his choice if he agreed to release his college records and certain passport information. The offer was widely seen as a huge publicity stunt with no impact on the presidential race between Obama and his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney.
On Thursday, Trump tweeted a response to Walters. "Barbara, unfortunately you've missed the entire point of my announcement--you just don't get it!" He also predicted Walters would eventually "apologize to me just like she did when I was right about @Rosie. Besides, I get great ratings on The View."
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash