Bobby Brown arrested on DUI suspicion
NEWARK, NJ - FEBRUARY 19: Bobby Brown performs at NJPAC Prudential Hall on February 19, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images) / Dave Kotinsky
Singer Bobby Brown has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving for the second time this year.
Los Angeles police spokeswoman Venus Hall says the singer's car was stopped in the Topanga area at around 1 a.m. Wednesday.
TMZ reports that Brown didn't perform well on a field sobriety test.
Police say he was booked at the Van Nuys jail on suspicion of driving under the influence but was later released.
A representative for Brown could not immediately be contacted.
Stars in rehab
Over the years, Brown has had several run-ins with the law. He was arrested on a drunk driving charge back in 1996 and years later got in trouble for violating his probation.
Brown's first album in 14 years came out this summer. Earlier this year, he was on tour with New Edition.
In June, he married Alicia Etheredge at a ceremony in Hawaii. He was previously married to the late pop singer Whitney Houston with whom he has a daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer