Beyonce loses bid to trademark baby name Blue Ivy
Copyright 2011 Jason Merritt / Getty Images
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z have lost a legal bid to trademark the name of their 10-month-old daughter Blue Ivy.
The music superstar couple was denied their trademark application because a Boston event planning company has been operating under the name Blue Ivy Events since 2009, according to the Boston Herald.
The petition to trademark Blue Ivy's name was submitted by the couple shortly after their baby was born in January because the singer reportedly wanted to launch her own baby product line bearing her daughter's name.
The ruling in favor of the event planning business by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office means that Beyonce and Jay-Z have no legal rights to the name.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"