"Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" elimination Week 4: Bristol gone, order restored
The Bristol effect, the surge of fan votes that kept Bristol Palin afloat and sank better performers, faltered in Week 4 as the 21-year-old Alaskan was sent packin'.
Her ouster ends the specter of a rancorous repeat of 2010, when fan votes kept awful, awkward Palin on the show at the expense of much superior dancers. Palin, who is a much better performer now, was still a long notch below the half-dozen superb dancers in this season's lineup.
It isn't only that Bristol is a mediocre dancer. There have been other performers with her lack of skills or even worse, who were immensely more fun to watch. She's just very young and a little boring.
"We did it , we made it to Week 4, and I'm happy with that. I had an awesome time," said Palin as parents Todd and Sarah watched from the audience.
When Palin survived the double elimination that sent home two former "DWTS" champions last week, it started a firestorm of comments on the CBSNews.com recap story.
"Bristol Palin has proven herself to be a spoiled, pretentious, self-centered brat. Not since, "BABY-JANE HUDSON" pranced across the stage have we ever seen such a pitiful lack of talent from an indulgent precocious child," wrote one CBSNews.com reader.
"Seriously, America, how can you continue to keep Bristol Palin on this show? Talent aside, she's not even entertaining unless you consider whining worthy of prime time," wrote another reader.
- "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" recap: Oh, Paula!
- "DWTS: All-Stars" Round 3: The stars take control
- "DWTS: All-Stars" Week 2 elimination: Bristol survives, Fatone dives
- "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" Week 2 - No 2nd week slump
- Pamela Anderson first celebrity dancer booted off "DWTS: All-Stars"
Ironically, Palin was not the weakest performer this week. Bristol's energy in a Rock and Roll number slightly edged a wobbly Charleston by comic actress Kirstie Alley, who had the lowest judges' scores. But what Alley lacks in youth and ability, she makes up in comic timing and clever quips.
So everyone take a deep breath. ABC's stunt casting got some good ratings, but now "Dancing With the Stars" can focus on the dancing, and less on the distractions.
Or as another CBSNews.com reader put it: "Poor Bristol...she looks great this year...has a load more self confidence this year, but she STILL isn't a dancer and should have gone home right after Pamela Anderson."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?