Hulk Hogan to file lawsuits over sex tape
Pro wrestler Hulk Hogan speaks onstage at Spike TV's "2011 Video Game Awards" at Sony Studios on Dec. 10, 2011, in Los Angeles, Calif. / Mark Davis/Getty Images
Hulk Hogan is suing a Tampa Bay-based disc jockey, the DJ's ex-wife and a New York media group over a sex tape.
Hogan's attorney announced, at a press conference on Monday near a courthouse in Tampa, that the former pro wrestler had filed two lawsuits.
Hulk Hogan's attorney on sex tape lawsuit
Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, says he was secretly taped six years ago having sex with the ex-wife of DJ Bubba "The Love Sponge" Clem.
"Mr. Hogan had a reasonable expectation of his privacy, just as all Americans have a reasonable expectation of their privacy in their bedrooms," said Charles Harter, Hogan's attorney, at the press conference.
Portions of the video of Hogan and Heather Clem were posted on the online gossip site Gawker.
According to Harter, the site was repeatedly asked to remove the video and "they refused to do so." Harter said they are seeking $100 million in damages from Gawker media.
The 59-year-old Hogan has sent a cease-and-desist letter to Gawker.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?