Viola Davis honors Norman Lear at Rape Treatment Center brunch
BEVERLY HILLS, CA - OCTOBER 14: Host Viola Davis and Honoree Norman Lear arrive at the Rape Treatment Center Brunch honoring Norman Lear hosted by Viola Davis at a Private Residence on October 14, 2012 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Charley Gallay/Getty Images for RTC) / Charley Gallay
Producer Norman Lear, who is known for his ground-breaking series "All in the Family" and "The Jeffersons," was honored at the Rape Treatment Center's annual brunch, hosted by Oscar-nominated actress Viola Davis.
The brunch, which took place at Greenacres in Beverly Hills, Calif., was held to raise awareness about rape and sexual assault.
Viola Davis hosts Rape Treatment Center fundraiser
Davis began her relationship with the Rape Treatment Center in 2010 while she was preparing for her role as a rape victim counselor in the film "Trust," which was directed by actor and attendee David Schwimmer.
Other celebrities in attendance included Sophia Bush, Eric McCormack and Jason Ritter.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- Justin Bieber booed at Canadian football game