Brad Pitt debuts as Chanel No. 5 spokesman
Brad Pitt is shown in an ad for Chanel No. 5. / Chanel
Brad Pitt has made his debut as the new face of Chanel No. 5.
The actor is front and center in an ad released Monday for the French fashion house's signature fragrance.
Brad Pitt is first man to front Chanel No. 5
In the black-and-white video, Pitt, who is casually dressed and sporting shoulder-length hair, contemplates fate and longing.
"It's not a journey. Every journey ends, but we go on," he says in the 30-second spot. "The world turns and we turn with it. Plans disappear, dreams take over, but wherever I go, there you are: my luck; my fate; my fortune. Chanel No.5, inevitable."
The father of six, who is engaged to longtime partner Angelina Jolie, is the first man to represent Chanel's signature scent. He joins a list of stars that includes Catherine Deneuve, Nicole Kidman and Audrey Tautou.
Tell us: What do you think of Pitt's Chanel ad?
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video