Actress Taryn Manning charged with assault in NYC
HOLLYWOOD, CA - JUNE 07: Actress Taryn Manning attends The (RED) RUSH Games Party at Avalon Hollywood on June 7, 2012 in Hollywood, California. / Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
NEW YORK Prosecutors say actress Taryn Manning attacked and choked her personal assistant in a New York City hotel room.
Manning is charged with misdemeanor assault.
She spent more than 24 hours locked up before she was released.
The 33-year-old Manning is best known for playing Eminem's ex-girlfriend in the 2002 movie "8 Mile."
Her lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, says Manning and the assistant got into a confrontation but it was not an assault. He says it was "a little misunderstanding between the two."
Manning is due back in court Nov. 13.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers