Prince William steps out solo at charity gala
Dressed in a dapper tuxedo, Prince William stepped out solo on Thursday to attend a charity gala in London.
Prince William steps out at charity gala
The fundraising dinner was held at St. James' Palace by the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Philanthropic Initiatives. In a speech, William praised the organization's contributions to the charity SkillForce.
William has been patron of SkillForce, which works to help disadvantaged young people, since Februaruy 2009.
The dinner was the latest in a series of engagements taken on this week by the Duke of Cambridge and his wife, Kate.
On Monday, the royal couple visited London's Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, where they announced a series of scholarships for law students. The next day, they opened a new soccer complex and met members of England's national team.
The couple had been scheduled to visit Newcastle, England, together on Wednesday, but Kate ended up going alone while William attended the funeral of his childhood nanny, Olga Powell.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral