Robin Roberts goes home from hospital
Robin Roberts is shown during a broadcast of "Good Morning America" on Aug. 20, 2012, in New York. / AP/ABC
"Good Morning America" co-host Robin Roberts reached a new milestone in her recovery following a bone marrow transplant last month -- she's now home from the hospital.
"Home Sweet Home. That has never had quite so much meaning before," she wrote on the show's blog. "After exactly one month in the hospital dreaming of this day, I am finally home."
Roberts also shared the news with fans and well-wishers via Twitter:
There's no place like home. After 30 days in the hospital I'm home. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Thank YOU and bless YOU. XO-- Robin Roberts (@RobinRoberts) October 11, 2012
But, she added, her recovery isn't over yet.
"I am considered 21 days old," she explained in her latest blog post. "That's how long it has been since my transplant. Remember when you brought your baby home for the first time? Your precious bundle didn't leave the house much and you were careful that anyone who came in contact with your child was healthy."
With that in mind, she said she "will still be resting away from 'GMA' until I'm given the all clear."
Roberts, 51, is being treated for myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood and bone marrow disease, and revealed that she's feeling optimistic about her progress.
"Each day I get stronger and stronger. I am fond of saying, 'This Too Shall Pass,'" she wrote. "And even in some dark moments, of which there are still a few, I now see that light at the end of the tunnel. This too really shall pass."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video