Chanel releases tease of Brad Pitt ad
Actor Brad Pitt attends the "Killing Them Softly" premiere during 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 22, 2012, in Cannes, France. / Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
Chanel announced earlier this month that Brad Pitt would be the first man doing a commercial and print ad for its iconic Chanel No. 5 fragrance - a bold choice for a women's scent.
Now, the French fashion house has released a 7-second teaser for the new ad with Pitt asking, "What's the mystery?"
"To keep a legend fresh, you always have to change its point of view," Andrea d'Avack, president of Chanel Fragrance & Beauty, told Women's Wear Daily. "It is the first time we've had a man speaking about a women's fragrance. We think very much that the perfume is a seduction between a man, a woman and the perfume. No.5 is our leading fragrance, and we are willing to make the investment to keep it on that level."
The commercial is planned to launch on Oct. 15 and the print ad is expected to run in magazines' November issues.
The actor joins a host of other celebrities who have endorsed the fragrance including Nicole Kidman, Catherine Deneuve and Audrey Tautou.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 349 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby