David Blaine completes electrifying stunt in NYC
David Blaine takes part in the "Electrified: 1 Million Volts Always On" stunt finale at Pier 54 on Oct. 8, 2012, in New York City. / Laura Cavanaugh/Getty Images
David Blaine has survived three days of being subject to intense electrical current in New York City for his most recent feat.
The magician emerged shortly before 9 p.m. Monday after spending three days and three nights standing in the middle of 1 million volts of electric currents at New York's Pier 54.
A spokesman says Blaine was able to walk with assistance, speak and kiss fianc?e Alizee Guinochet before being taken to a hospital to be examined.
David Blaine electricity stunt comes to an end
The 39-year-old Blaine wore a chainmail bodysuit as a barrier between himself and the currents, emitted by Tesla coils.
The stunt was called "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On" and was streamed on YouTube.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments