Prince William and Kate step out for public event in London
Prince William, and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, visit Middle Temple on Oct. 8, 2012, in London. / Getty
Prince William and Kate stepped out in London on Monday for their first public engagement since their royal tour of southeast Asia and the Pacific and since topless photos of Kate hit newsstands.
The royal couple met with law students at the Honorable Society of Middle Temple to award the first inaugural Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarships to assembled honorees, the Daily Telegraph.
Prince William and Kate
The school already has funds set up in the names of Queen Elizabeth II and the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
Duchess Kate wore a maroon skirt suit by Paule Ka and William wore a navy suit with a tie to match Kate's ensemble.
The event is the first of a week of engagements, including a trip to the north of England. On Wednesday, Kate will not have Prince William by her side as he will be attending the funeral of his former nanny, reports the paper.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 124 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy