Prince William and Kate step out for public event in London
Prince William, and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, visit Middle Temple on Oct. 8, 2012, in London. / Getty
Prince William and Kate stepped out in London on Monday for their first public engagement since their royal tour of southeast Asia and the Pacific and since topless photos of Kate hit newsstands.
The royal couple met with law students at the Honorable Society of Middle Temple to award the first inaugural Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarships to assembled honorees, the Daily Telegraph.
Prince William and Kate
The school already has funds set up in the names of Queen Elizabeth II and the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
Duchess Kate wore a maroon skirt suit by Paule Ka and William wore a navy suit with a tie to match Kate's ensemble.
The event is the first of a week of engagements, including a trip to the north of England. On Wednesday, Kate will not have Prince William by her side as he will be attending the funeral of his former nanny, reports the paper.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"