Fox orders more episodes of "The Mindy Project," "Ben and Kate"
Mindy Kaling, left, and Chris Messina in a scene from "The Mindy Project." / AP/Fox
Fox wants more of its freshman comedies "Ben and Kate" and "The Mindy Project."
The network handed out its first pickups of the fall season on Monday, ordering additional episodes of both shows.
Fox ordered nine more episodes of "The Mindy Project" and six more of "Ben and Kate." Those are both considered full-season orders, Entertainment Weekly reports.
"'Ben and Kate' and 'The Mindy Project' have everything we want to stand for in comedy: smart writing, hugely appealing casts and comedy that feels contemporary and real -- which is why we're confident they will continue to build on what is already an appointment comedy night for young, influential audiences on Tuesdays," Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly said in a statement.
"Ben and Kate," starring Dakota Johnson and Nat Faxon, premiered to 4.21 million viewers, the Los Angeles Times reports. "The Mindy Project," created by and starring Mindy Kaling, earned 4.67 million.
The new shows both air on Tuesdays, along with returning comedies "New Girl" and "Raising Hope."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner