Fox orders more episodes of "The Mindy Project," "Ben and Kate"
Mindy Kaling, left, and Chris Messina in a scene from "The Mindy Project." / AP/Fox
Fox wants more of its freshman comedies "Ben and Kate" and "The Mindy Project."
The network handed out its first pickups of the fall season on Monday, ordering additional episodes of both shows.
Fox ordered nine more episodes of "The Mindy Project" and six more of "Ben and Kate." Those are both considered full-season orders, Entertainment Weekly reports.
"'Ben and Kate' and 'The Mindy Project' have everything we want to stand for in comedy: smart writing, hugely appealing casts and comedy that feels contemporary and real -- which is why we're confident they will continue to build on what is already an appointment comedy night for young, influential audiences on Tuesdays," Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly said in a statement.
"Ben and Kate," starring Dakota Johnson and Nat Faxon, premiered to 4.21 million viewers, the Los Angeles Times reports. "The Mindy Project," created by and starring Mindy Kaling, earned 4.67 million.
The new shows both air on Tuesdays, along with returning comedies "New Girl" and "Raising Hope."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Terminator 2" star Edward Furlong arrested