Jay-Z takes the subway to his Brooklyn show
Jay-Z attends the grand opening of the 40/40 Club at Barclays Center on Sept. 27, 2012, in Brooklyn, N.Y. / Getty
Jay-Z didn't roll up to the Barclays Center on Saturday in a blacked out Escalade or even in a taxi cab. Instead, the Brooklyn native took the subway.
The rapper, with bodyguards in tow, took the R train from downtown Manhattan to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where he played his last of eight shows to christen the new home of the Brooklyn Nets.
The rapper could barely get to the train as fans flocked around him taking pictures and chanting "Brooklyn!" as his bodyguards tried to hold them back.
Once on the train, he took a seat and chatted with a subway passenger.
Jay-Z ended his eight-show run this weekend and was joined on stage by his wife, Beyonce, who helped him close it out.
He has announced that he will release an EP of songs from the Brooklyn concerts on Tuesday.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"