Jay-Z takes the subway to his Brooklyn show
Jay-Z attends the grand opening of the 40/40 Club at Barclays Center on Sept. 27, 2012, in Brooklyn, N.Y. / Getty
Jay-Z didn't roll up to the Barclays Center on Saturday in a blacked out Escalade or even in a taxi cab. Instead, the Brooklyn native took the subway.
The rapper, with bodyguards in tow, took the R train from downtown Manhattan to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where he played his last of eight shows to christen the new home of the Brooklyn Nets.
The rapper could barely get to the train as fans flocked around him taking pictures and chanting "Brooklyn!" as his bodyguards tried to hold them back.
Once on the train, he took a seat and chatted with a subway passenger.
Jay-Z ended his eight-show run this weekend and was joined on stage by his wife, Beyonce, who helped him close it out.
He has announced that he will release an EP of songs from the Brooklyn concerts on Tuesday.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video