Old "Johnny Carson" clips found in storage
Muhammad Ali, former heavyweight boxing champion, on "The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" in 1971. / AP
A long lost reel of clips from "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" was found in a military storage facility in Southern California.
The 16mm reel of film, which contains clips that date back to 1963, was discovered at the Defense Imagery management Operations Center in Riverside, Calif., according to the U.S. Department of Defense.
Studios used to send its programming to the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service, which would then distribute it to various U.S. military facilities, the report said.
The reel was turned over to Carson's nephew, Jeff Sotzing, on Monday.
Sotzing said the film will be stored along with the other Carson archives at a former salt mine in Hutchinson, Kan., according to the report.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 347 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby