Robin Roberts gives health update on "GMA" blog
This Aug. 20, 2012, photo released by ABC shows co-host Robin Roberts during a broadcast of "Good Morning America," in New York. / Donna Svennevik
Robin Roberts says her blood count is "great" following her bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease.
The "Good Morning America" co-host filled her fans on the show's blog on Thursday.
"Today is what I like to call 'Thankful Thursday, aka Friday Eve," she wrote. " My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are...GREAT! My sister Sally-Ann's stem cells apparently feel right at home in my body - an answer to so many prayers."
Roberts continues to thank her friends and family for support, noting that fellow "GMA" co-hosts Josh Elliott and Sam Champion came to visit.
"I truly FEEL and thank you for your love, prayers and good wishes. And I return it to you tenfold. Light Love Power Presence. XO."
In Roberts' absence, guest co-hosts have been filling her shoes. Ann Romney is scheduled to be stepping in for Roberts as well as Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey and the cast of "Modern Family."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos