"House of Cards" to premiere on Netflix in February
Kevin Spacey attending the premiere of "Margin Call" on Oct. 17, 2011m in New York. / AP
"House of Cards," Netflix's highly anticipated original series starring Kevin Spacey, will premiere on Feb. 1.
Netflix announced the debut date Thursday. The series is the most ambitious effort yet by the subscription video company to supply its 27 million streaming users with original programming.
The remake of the classic British miniseries stars Spacey and Robin Wright. It's produced by David Fincher, who directed the first two episodes. Spacey plays a ruthless, strategizing House majority whip.
All 13 episodes will be immediately available to Netflix members in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Latin America and Scandinavia.
The show's second season will begin production next year.
Popular in Entertainment
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library