Lark Voorhies battling bipolar disorder, her mother says
Lark Voorhies is shown during a news conference on Nov. 15, 1997, in Washington. / AP
Former "Saved by the Bell" star Lark Voorhies is battling bipolar disorder, according to her mother.
"There are things that have traumatized her," Tricia Voorhies, 64, told People. "I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life."
The magazine says that during a series of interviews, the 38-year-old actress, known to many as fashionable teen Lisa Turtle on the hit '90s TV series, would "frequently stop mid-sentence and stare off, often mumbling to herself or to others who weren't there."
But Voorhies, who shares a home with her mother in Pasadena, Calif., denies anything is wrong. She told People she's not sick and called her mother "over-loving." She added that she keeps busy working on low-budget independent productions, recording music and self-publishing her own books, according to the magazine.
When asked about her behavior during the interviews, Voorhies responded, "I have a strong spiritual sense. You caught me in moments of pray [sic]."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 105 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"