Actor Ron Livingston speaks out about TV anchor sister, Jennifer Livingston
Actor Ron Livingston has thrown his support behind his sister, TV anchor Jennifer Livingston, who made headlines this week after taking a stand against a viewer who criticized her weight. She addressed the viewer, as well as the bullying issue, while on air at CBS affiliate WKBT-TV in La Crosse, Wisc.
Now the "Office Space" star is also speaking up, saying he's "extremely proud" of his sibling.
"My sister Jennifer...brings an exceptional dedication to her job, her family, and her community, and has been a role model of mine for many, many years," he said, reports People.
Jennifer, a mother of three girls, had received a letter blaming her for being obese and calling her a poor role model. "Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain," the viewer wrote.
"I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years," the letter continued. "Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular."
TV news anchor fights back on issue of weight
Jennifer fired back during a local broadcast and later told "CBS This Morning," "That email was well-written, it was articulate," Livingston allowed, "but make no mistake, it was meant to hurt my feelings. It was meant to shame me into losing weight and in my opinion, that's a bully."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library