"Jersey Shore" returns for final season
The cast of "Jersey Shore." / MTV
The "Jersey Shore" gang is reuniting for its final season on Thursday night on MTV.
In the two-episode premiere of the show's sixth and final season, a 6-month-pregnant Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi gathers around her roommates to tell them she has some news.
Snooki, who welcomed her son Lorenzo Dominic in August, tells her roommates that she will spend the summer with them, but just not a the Shore house, due to her pregnancy.
The premiere deals with her roommates' reactions to the news.
The show, which started in 2009 and followed the group sharing a house in Seaside Heights, N.J., became a pop culture phenomenon.
"Let's just keep it real, we've made a lasting effect," Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino told The Los Angles Times. "It will take a number of years to try to forget what we've done. We changed the way people view reality TV."
After "Jersey Shore" Snooki told The Hollywood Reporter she has a second perfume line coming out in November and she is working on a couple of books.
Snooki and JWoww will be starring in the second season of their spin-off "Snooki & JWoww." There is still no word on whether Pauly D's spin-off "The Pauly D Project" will get a second season, but the DJ appears to have a successful music business in the works.
"Jersey Shore" airs at 10 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"