Mayim Bialik poses for PETA
Mayim Bialik poses in an ad for PETA. / PETA
(CBS News) "The Big Bang Theory" star Mayim Bialik is the latest star to pose for PETA.
The actress channeled a retro look for the campaign, which touts adopting a vegan diet.
In the ad, which PETA says is a response to recent recalls of salmon and beef, Bialik is shown holding a piece of meat over an open trash can. The copy at the bottom of the image reads, "The only way to be sure that meat doesn't poison your family is to throw it out. Protect your families (and animals!) now by choosing vegan."
In an interview with the animal rights group, the mother of two discusses why she chose to become vegan and how it's changed her life.
"I think the most significant shift for me was I used to feel guilty," she said. "Even as a child, I felt very guilty about eating animals and never knew that there was something to do about it. And as I got older, it became clearer that there are things that I can do and choices I can make."
Bialik also said the switch was good for her health. "I've never had a sinus infection or been on antibiotics since cutting out dairy," she revealed.
The actress and author joins a long list of celebrities who have teamed up with PETA. Others include Alicia Silverstone, Paul McCartney, Pamela Anderson, Alec Baldwin, Casey Affleck, and Joaquin Phoenix
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?