Basketball great Bill Walton gets book deal
NBA Hall-of-famer Bill Walton showcases the next best thing, at the Samsung Galaxy S III launch day on June 20, 2012 in New York. / Jemal Countess/Getty
Basketball great Bill Walton is working on a memoir that is set to come out in the fall of 2013, Simon & Schuster announced Wednesday.
The 59-year-old's book, which is tentatively called "Back From the Dead," will cover everything from Walton's triumphs with UCLA to his overcoming a stutter and becoming a broadcaster to the collapsed spine that left him hardly able to move for three years. The book will be co-authored by veteran sportswriter John Papanek.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Walton was represented by Washington attorney Robert Barnett, whose clients range from President Barack Obama to singer/actress Barbra Streisand.
Simon & Schuster and CBS are owned by the same parent company.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims