Duchess Kate attends family friend's wedding
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, attends a leaving ceremony as she departs Honiara International airport on Sept. 18, 2012, in Honiara, Solomon Islands. / Getty
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, made her first public appearance since her Asia tour at a family friend's wedding over the weekend.
The 30-year-old royal's father, Michael Middleton, walked the bride, a close friend, down the aisle on Saturday because her own father died almost 20 years ago, according to People.
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge
In addition to her father, Kate was joined by her mother Carole and sister Pippa at the celebration in Oxfordshire, England. Prince William, who works as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot in the Royal Air Force, was not in attendance.
Kate wore a light blue ensemble by Erdem to the celebration, the same outfit she wore to Queen Elizabeth II's birthday parade, according to the magazine.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 350 Comments
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Monsters University" premieres in Hollywood 20 Photos
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"