Adele confirms she has recorded Bond theme song for "Skyfall"
Adele attends The BRIT Awards 2012 at the O2 Arena on Feb. 21, 2012, in London. / Getty
Adele has confirmed she has co-written and performed the theme to the upcoming James Bond film, "Skyfall."
On Monday, the singer posted a picture to her Twitter page of what appears to be the sheet music cover page for the song, credited to Adele (as A. Adkins) and Paul Hepworth, who produced and co-wrote her hit "Rolling in the Deep."
Rumors had swirled for months that the Grammy-winning British singer had recorded the theme, but there has been no official announcement from producers.
This is the first Bond theme to have the same title as the film since Madonna's "Die Another Day" in 2002, the BBC notes.
"Skyfall," Daniel Craig's third Bond installment, opens in Britain on Oct. 26 and in the U.S. on Nov. 9. The film, directed by Sam Mendes, also stars Javier Bardem, Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes and Naomie Harris.
The theme to the last Bond film, "Quantum of Solace," was performed by Jack White and Alicia Keys.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers