Adele confirms she has recorded Bond theme song for "Skyfall"
Adele attends The BRIT Awards 2012 at the O2 Arena on Feb. 21, 2012, in London. / Getty
Adele has confirmed she has co-written and performed the theme to the upcoming James Bond film, "Skyfall."
On Monday, the singer posted a picture to her Twitter page of what appears to be the sheet music cover page for the song, credited to Adele (as A. Adkins) and Paul Hepworth, who produced and co-wrote her hit "Rolling in the Deep."
Rumors had swirled for months that the Grammy-winning British singer had recorded the theme, but there has been no official announcement from producers.
This is the first Bond theme to have the same title as the film since Madonna's "Die Another Day" in 2002, the BBC notes.
"Skyfall," Daniel Craig's third Bond installment, opens in Britain on Oct. 26 and in the U.S. on Nov. 9. The film, directed by Sam Mendes, also stars Javier Bardem, Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes and Naomie Harris.
The theme to the last Bond film, "Quantum of Solace," was performed by Jack White and Alicia Keys.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss