Bonnie Franklin diagnosed with cancer
(ETonline) Bonnie Franklin -- star of the long-running '70s-'80s sitcom One Day at a Time -- has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
A family spokesman told ET in a statement on Monday: "Actress Bonnie Franklin has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment." The statement adds that the star is "continuing with her normal schedule."
"She and her family remain extremely positive and thank everyone for their support and concern. Respect for her privacy is greatly appreciated," the statement said.
One Day at a Time starred Franklin as a divorced mother bringing up her two teenage daughters -- played by Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips. After hearing the news, Phillips tweeted a message of support. "Sending out love and sweet prayers to my 'mom'. The incomparable Bonnie Franklin."
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot