Prince Philip out of hospital
Britain's Prince Philip leaves Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Scotland Monday / AP Photo/Andrew Milligan/PA Wire
(AP) LONDON Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip has left the hospital after successful treatment for a bladder infection.
The 91-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was hospitalized Wednesday after suffering a recurrence of an infection for which he was treated earlier this summer.
The palace said Philip was discharged from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland on Monday and was returning to the nearby Balmoral estate, where the royal family is on vacation.
It was Philip's third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was hospitalized for five days in June with a bladder infection that may have been aggravated by his appearance at a flotilla marking the queen's 60-year reign.
In December, he underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers