Obama: George Clooney a "good friend"
George Clooney, left, and President Obama at fundraiser actor hosted at his home in May / Brandon Clark/ABImages
(AP) WASHINGTON President Obama says actor George Clooney is a good friend and a good person who is sensitive about protecting that friendship.
Obama says Clooney is low-maintenance and doesn't take advantage of their friendship. He says Clooney keeps his distance so Mr. Obama won't be criticized for hanging out with Hollywood celebrities.
First lady Michelle Obama said of Clooney: "He's cute, too."
In May, Clooney held a fundraiser for Mr. Obama at his Los Angeles home that raised nearly $15 million. Clooney is scheduled to hold another fundraiser for the president later this month in Geneva.
Mr. Obama tells "Entertainment Tonight" in an interview airing Monday that he got to know Clooney through Clooney's work on Sudan when Mr. Obama was in the U.S. Senate.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere