Neil Armstrong recovering from heart surgery
Copyright 2012 Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
Astronaut Neil Armstrong is recovering from heart surgery, according to The Associated Press.
Armstrong, 82, who became the first man to walk on the moon in 1969, reportedly had cardiac bypass surgery recently although it's not clear exactly when.
Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, who was aboard Armstrong's legendary Apollo 11 spacecraft, tweeted, "Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery."
Armstrong's last major public appearance came in February at Ohio University where he honored fellow astronaut John Glenn.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"