Neil Armstrong recovering from heart surgery
Copyright 2012 Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
Astronaut Neil Armstrong is recovering from heart surgery, according to The Associated Press.
Armstrong, 82, who became the first man to walk on the moon in 1969, reportedly had cardiac bypass surgery recently although it's not clear exactly when.
Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, who was aboard Armstrong's legendary Apollo 11 spacecraft, tweeted, "Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery."
Armstrong's last major public appearance came in February at Ohio University where he honored fellow astronaut John Glenn.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer