More Drama for Kristen Stewart?
Copyright 2012 Michael Buckner / Getty Images
Stewart was rumored to be attached to the new big-screen project Lie Down in Darkness, according to The Hollywood Reporter, but now a source close to the film's production company tells ET, "While its exciting to see all the interest the project is generating, the film is still in the pre-production process and no offers to cast have been made as of yet."
The film is also in search of a male lead; Oscar winner Colin Firth was at one point attached to the project, but is no longer. Described as a Dickensian and Dostoyevsky-like heavy drama, the film will be an adaptation of a 1951 William Styron novel that charts the rise of a southern family. Scott Cooper (Crazy Heart) will write and direct, with Stewart playing a tragic beauty, the daughter of a drunken patriarch who lusts after one of his two daughters, one beautiful and the other a cripple.
Lie Down in Darkness is not financed and has no start date at this stage.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"