'Finding Nemo 2' finds its director
The follow-up to Finding Nemo is finally coming together, with original director Andrew Stanton returning to helm the sequel to his huge Disney-Pixar underwater hit.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, it looks like the Mouse House is willing to overlook Stanton's recent live-action box-office flop, John Carter, and give him an opportunity to return to safer waters with Finding Nemo 2, tentatively scheduled for a 2016 release date. Screenwriter Victoria Strouse will pen the script, with Lindsey Collins producing.
The 2003 Finding Nemo won the Oscar for Best Animated Picture, and is set for a big-screen re-release in 3D September 14.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion