Pitt worked on Jolie engagement ring for a year
(CBS News) The couple known by many simply as "Brangelina" - Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - are engaged after seven years together. Pitt's manager confirmed the couple is officially engaged, after a ring was spotted on Jolie's finger at a recent engagement in Los Angeles.
Guthrie said, "We knew that she had worked with a jeweler before on a collection. And he confirmed it. And then Brad's manager confirmed it. So, there we are."
Pitt worked on the tablet-cut ring with jeweler Robert Procop for more than a year, Guthrie said.
Pitt gave a hint about engagement plans to Lee Cowan in January when he sat down for an interview on "CBS Sunday Morning." Pitt said, "We're getting a lot of pressure from the kids. It means something to them. ... They have questions when their friends' parents are married and (ask) 'Why is that?'"
When asked what Pitt tells his kids, the celebrity replied, "'We will someday. We will. That's a great idea.' (My kids say,) 'Get Mommy a ring,' (I say), 'OK, I will. I will'"
For more with Guthrie on the Pitt engagement, wedding plans and more, watch the video in the player above.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 143 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"