Actor Michael Madsen arrested in Malibu
Actor Michael Madsen attends the "The Bleeding" DVD release screening and Q&A at the Village East Cinema on March 1, 2011 in New York City. / Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
(AP) MALIBU, Calif. - Authorities say actor Michael Madsen has been arrested for investigation of cruelty to a child after a fight with his teenage son.
A Los Angeles County sheriff's statement says Madsen was arrested Friday afternoon at his home in Malibu, after deputies were called about a family disturbance.
The statement says detectives from the Special Victims Bureau are investigating allegations that Madsen was under the influence of alcohol and fought with his son, who did not need medical attention.
Madsen was arrested without incident and booked at the Lost Hills sheriff's station.
He is being held on $100,000 bail.
The 54-year-old Madsen is known for the Quentin Tarantino movies "Reservoir Dogs" and "Kill Bill."
Phone and email messages seeking comment from Madsen's representatives were not immediately returned.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video