Rapper Coolio arrested in unpaid ticket case
This image provided by the Las Vegas Police Department shows the rapper Coolio, was arrested Friday March 9, 2012, in Las Vegas on a warrant charging him with failure to appear in a local court on a traffic ticket almost two years ago. / AP Photo/LVMPD
(AP) LAS VEGAS - Rapper Coolio was arrested Friday on a warrant charging him with failure to appear in court on a traffic ticket almost two years ago.
Coolio, 48, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr., was a passenger in a vehicle officers stopped about 2:20 a.m. several blocks east of the Las Vegas Strip, Officer Laura Meltzer said.
No one else in the car was arrested.
It was not immediately clear if Ivey had a lawyer. His manager Susan Haber said she had not heard about the incident and had no comment.
Ivey was sought on a warrant charging him with failure to appear on an illegal stop and driving without a license summons issued in June 2010.
He was freed later in the day. A court date wasn't immediately known.
Coolio is a musician, actor and record producer best known for the song "Gangsta's Paradise."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix