Theater says Loretta Lynn has pneumonia
NASHVILLE, TN - NOVEMBER 10: Loretta Lynn poses in the press room at the 44th Annual CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena on November 10, 2010 in Nashville, Tennessee. / Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images
ASHLAND, Kentucky - A Kentucky theater says Loretta Lynn has been hospitalized with pneumonia.
The country singer was scheduled to perform Saturday at the Performing Arts Center in Ashland, Kentucky, but the center issued a release saying she is in the hospital and will be unable to do the concert. The center says the show will be rescheduled.
Marketing director Jenny Holmes confirmed the statement to WOWK-TV. She didn't elaborate on Lynn's condition.
Calls by The Associated Press to representatives of Lynn were not immediately returned Saturday.
In August, Lynn canceled shows because of knee surgery. Before that, the 76-year-old returned to live performances with a show at the Grand Ole Opry after being forced to cancel shows in Ohio and Connecticut because she was hospitalized for heat exhaustion.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer