Watch: "Brain Tricks - This is How Your Brain Works"
How exactly does the brain work? It's a complex question with no clear answer. Despite the fact that the brain comprises how we see and process the world, humans have a hard time processing the brain itself. But the bright minds at AsapSCIENCE have taken a stab at it with this fun and informative video, "Brain Tricks."
As the above video explains, our brain works at two speeds. Fast processing happens instantly -- it's how we recognize faces or read body language. Slow processing, as the name implies, takes a little more work. The multiplication problem used in the video -- 19 x 26 -- is a perfect example. Our brains need to pause and think about it.
Of course, the video is called "Brain Tricks" for a reason, as the number adding exercise makes clear. Did you notice the colors changing? Because, ahem, some of us certainly did not.
Popular in SciTech
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Power of Okla. tornado surpassed Hiroshima bomb
- Storms that spawned deadly Oklahoma tornadoes seen from space (video)
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Microsoft announces Xbox One Play Video
- First look at the Xbox One Play Video