Twitter down on web and mobile
Updated 3:09 p.m. ET
Twitter, the popular micro-blogging service, went down on Thursday morning. The famed Twitter "fail whale" made a return to the service's homepage to reflect that it was over capacity.
A check of the Twitter's API status shows service disruptions through some services, including statuses and favorites. The outage appears to affect web and mobile users.
According to the website OutageAnalyzer.com, the service disruption began at about 7:18 a.m. PT. The service appeared to be restored for some users within the hour.
A spokesperson for Twitter told CBS News via email on Thursday morning that some users were experiencing issues accessing the service. A statement on Twitter's status blog says:
Some users may be experiencing issues accessing Twitter. Our engineers are currently working to resolve the issue.The statement has since been updated to reflect that the incident has been resolved. Twitter said the service disruption occurred between 7 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. PT.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- 5 off-beat tech stories of the week
- Gun made with 3D printer fires first shot