Twitter down on web and mobile
Updated 3:09 p.m. ET
Twitter, the popular micro-blogging service, went down on Thursday morning. The famed Twitter "fail whale" made a return to the service's homepage to reflect that it was over capacity.
A check of the Twitter's API status shows service disruptions through some services, including statuses and favorites. The outage appears to affect web and mobile users.
According to the website OutageAnalyzer.com, the service disruption began at about 7:18 a.m. PT. The service appeared to be restored for some users within the hour.
A spokesperson for Twitter told CBS News via email on Thursday morning that some users were experiencing issues accessing the service. A statement on Twitter's status blog says:
Some users may be experiencing issues accessing Twitter. Our engineers are currently working to resolve the issue.The statement has since been updated to reflect that the incident has been resolved. Twitter said the service disruption occurred between 7 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. PT.
Popular in SciTech
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- Privacy officials request details on Google Glass
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Apple TV gets HBO GO, WatchESPN
- Was there a rape joke at Microsoft's Xbox One event?