Microsoft releases Office 2013
Microsoft announced Tuesday the worldwide release of Office 365 Home Premium.
Office 365 Home Premium includes popular programs like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access. The software suite will also come with 20 gigabytes of SkyDrive cloud storage, 60 minutes of free world calls on Skype and can be used on up to five devices.
Microsoft is taking a new approach to pricing with Home Premium suite. Instead of one price out the door, customers will have to pay an annual subscription of $99.99.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is touting the new Office 365 as a "consumer cloud service." The software giant has been ramping up cloud integration with SkyDrive to bring Office programs online.
Microsoft also released Office 365 University edition for college students, faculty and staff. The software is offered at $79.99 for a four-year subscription.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Delta 4 rocket boosts military comsat into orbit
- NYC tech tour: Foursquare, BuzzFeed, MakerBot Play Video
- Can a floating robot save a polluted canal?
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"