Watch: Mixed nuts in space
The Canadian space program. Let's dispense with the easy jokes and point out that the Canadian Space Agency (Agence spatial canadienne en Francais) celebrated its 50th anniversary last year and was the third country ever to build its own satellite.
But, clearly, its greatest achievement to date is giving us this brief glimpse into the cutting edge of space exploration. Mixed nuts! In space!
Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is the current commander of the International Space Station -- the first Canadian to fill that role. In between the very real responsibilities of keeping a football field-sized space station up and running, Hadfield has uploaded several videos on YouTube documenting his stay in space.
But he should probably come back to Earth, because he has already accomplished more than any ISS commander before him. He showed us what mixed nuts look like. In space!
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- NYC tech tour: Foursquare, BuzzFeed, MakerBot Play Video
- Can a floating robot save a polluted canal?
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Delta 4 rocket boosts military comsat into orbit