Mensa offering free tests for January
Are you smarter than your friends? Have you always wanted to prove it but don't want to spend the money? Then Mensa - the largest club for high IQ individuals in the world - has good news. The organization is offering their online Home Test for free during the month of January.
The test can be taken either online or in print, though it won't actually get you admitted to Mensa. The club describes it as "a fun way to discover if you are Mensa material." But the test does more or less represent the actual timed test that Mensa candidates must take. Actual admission tests cost $18.
The Mensa organization began in 1946 with the goal of identifying and nurturing high IQ individuals. The society offers lectures, conferences and assorted other brainy activities. The only requirement for acceptance into the society is an IQ score at or above the 98th percentile. But then, you already knew that, didn't you?
Popular in SciTech
- Oops! The five greatest scientific blunders
- Study: Extensive glacial melting on Mount Everest
- Zynga demands employees return stock or get fired
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- 40 years later: Why the Endangered Species Act still matters
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- Google security: you (still) are the weakest link
- Beam this up: Creating the sounds of "Star Trek"