CES 2013: Qualcomm's trippy keynote event perplexes convention goers
Qualcomm keynote event at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. / YouTube/TheVerge
Forget about ultra-HD TVs and vibrating forks. International Consumer Electronics Show attendees are still talking about Qualcomm's bizarre keynote event on Monday in Las Vegas.
Qualcomm's "Born Mobile" event featured odd-ball characters with names like "Tornado 92" and appearances from Big Bird and archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Editors of The Verge seemed particularly perplexed by the keynote and compiled highlights from what they call the "most insane keynote ever."
At one point, The Verge editor-in-chief Joshua Topolsky simply tweets, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-- Joshua Topolsky (@joshuatopolsky) January 8, 2013
Forbes compiled a collection of GIFs from what they call "Qualcomm's Crazy CES 2013 keynote."
Whatever you call it, Qualcomm -- a maker of computer chips for mobile devices -- still has us talking.
Watch as The Verge compiles the best clips from Qualcomm's keynote event.
Popular in SciTech
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Privacy officials request details on Google Glass
- Was there a rape joke at Microsoft's Xbox One event?
- Alternatives to Google Reader