Psy's "Gangnam Style" beats Justin Bieber's "Baby" for most viewed YouTube video
PSY performs at MTV's EMA 2012 on Nov. 11, 2012, in Frankfurt, Germany. / Getty
Korean pop sensation Psy has stolen the crown for most popular YouTube video from Justin Bieber.
According to YouTube, Psy's viral music video "Gangnam Style" currently has 806,283,968 views on YouTube -- edging out Bieber's "Baby" which has 803,847,584 views.
The Korean pop star already won the Guinness World Record for the most "likes" on a YouTube video in September. (It currently has 5,373,234.)
"Gangnam Style" debuted on YouTube on July 15 and quickly went viral, spawning countless imitations and remakes. The catchy video caught the attention of everyone from talk show host Ellen DeGeneres to Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt -- both have been spotted doing Psy's signature "horse dance."
For the few who haven't seen Psy's video, click on the player below.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus